The Vendéen All-Ireland Championships will take place at the Teagasc Sheep 2015 event in Athenry on Saturday 20th June 2015. This is a “showcase” event and there will be several breed societies holding their National Championships here including ourselves. We would encourage you to support this event with top quality sheep as a good turnout will be important for the promotion of the breed.
This year, the entry fee will be €10.00 per sheep. Please register your entries on the Entry Form and return it to the secretary with your entry fees no later than Friday 29th May. Entries received without entry fees will not be accepted.
IVSS Show Rules:
- The competition is confined to paid-up members of the Irish Vendéen Sheep Society.
- Entry is confined to sheep that are registered with the IVSS (they can be registered after entry to the show but must be registered before show day).
- All lambs entered in the competition must be bred by the exhibitor.
- Lambs must be born on or after 1 December 2014.
- All sheep must be shown naturally, i.e. no trimming, carding, etc.
- Heads may be tidied and tails may be squared.
- Adult sheep must be shorn after 1 April 2015.
Prizes or product of equivalent value will be awarded in each class as follows:
1st prize €60
2nd prize €40
3rd prize €30
4th prize 20
Male and female Champions €75
Male and female Res. Champions €50